We accept short stories, novellas, novels and screen plays written in the Serling genre and complying with the Content and Format Guidelines (below) for consideration as a standalone piece or part of an anthology, as determined by our editorial board.
- Observations on the human condition
- Stories concerned with the well-being of humanity
- Use of irony
- Characters who receive retributive justice
- Incidents of prejudice, unreasoning hate, or social injustice
- Incidences involving what Rod Serling termed the greatest fear of all: "Fear of the unknown working on you, which you cannot share with others."
- Pornography: We don't accept pornography or offensive depictions of graphic sexual acts.
- Offensive Content: We don't accept offensive content, including but not limited to racial slurs, excessively graphic or violent material, or excessive use of foul language.
- Illegal and Infringing Content: We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. It is the authors' responsibility to ensure that their content doesn't violate laws or copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other rights.
- Poor Customer Experience: We don't accept works that provide a poor customer experience. Examples include poorly formatted books and books with misleading titles, cover art, or product descriptions. We reserve the right to determine whether content provides a poor customer experience.
- Excessive Use of Brands: We don't accept the excessive use of brand names or the inclusion of brand names for paid advertising or promotion.
- No erotica, including frequent, prominent, or graphic descriptions of sexual acts.
- All work must be submitted as a .doc or .docx (Word) file and in compliance with Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing's Simplified Formatting Guide.
- Covers must be submitted for novels and novellas and comply with Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing's guide - Creating A Catalog / Cover Image.
- Agree that any concerns or complaints regarding the publication of any work through Rod Serling Books be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org